Are you ready for a color change, or is your home’s current paint in need of a fresh coat, but you don’t know where to start? You are not alone if your house painting skills are lacking. If hiring a pro is in the cards, here are some ways you can find quality house painting contractors in New London County, CT:
- Take to social media: With the cost of living on the rise, it’s not surprising that the demand for good customer service is high—including when we’re looking to hire for home improvement jobs. These days, one of the quickest ways to find out about a company’s ethics and service quality is to jump on the Internet. Taking into account friends and strangers alike, social media is full of people willing to share their customer service experiences with you. Create a post or start a forum asking for painting contractor recommendations based on things like friendliness, good service, painting skills, ability to communicate and price range.
- Check out community newsletters: From independent contractors to small businesses, you can bet there are many painting professionals in your nearby area who want your business. And not only is hiring within your immediate area a fantastic way to contribute to the local economy, but you also may be tapping into a good source of talent you might not get from a big corporation. So if you get a monthly community newsletter, flip to the page where local companies advertise their services. If they’ve listed a website, check it out.
- Observe neighboring homes: Have you seen a house in your neighborhood with the most beautiful exterior paint job you’ve ever seen? Knock on their door, introduce yourself and then, because you love how their house looks, ask who did the painting. Your neighbor will be flattered by the compliment and you could leave with the information you came for.
- Get estimates: Since competition in the world of business is fierce, don’t simply go with the first and only company you get a price quote from. The magic number is three—get estimates from at least three painting contractors in New London County, CT. Estimates should all fall within the same price range, give or take a little, especially since you are requesting quotes for the exact same interior or exterior paint job from all potential contractors.
- Ask important questions: If a professional painter has a good reputation and is legit, they will not hesitate to answer all your questions. After the question of price, ask the following questions: How long have you been a licensed business? Do you do all the work yourself, work with a crew or use subcontractors? What paint products do you use? On top of these questions, find out if they have the proper insurance, offer a quality guarantee and are able to provide references.
No one wants to spend their hard earned money on a business that doesn’t do quality work or treat its customers well. At Berk’s Fine Painting LLC, you can trust that our skilled and professional painting contractors in New London County, CT will get the job done right. Contact us today for a service estimate!