The decision to have your home painted isn’t something you should rush into—it has major ramifications on not only how the house looks, but also how well equipped it’ll be to stand up to weathering over the next decade or more. You need to make sure you’re taking time to consider the entire project through and through, to ensure you’re not setting yourself up for regret when the work is all done.
Perhaps the biggest question you’ll have to answer comes in the form of hiring painting contractors in Stonington, CT. It’s easy to open the phone book or hop online to find a professional to do the work, but how do you know they’re going to deliver superior results to you, versus an amateur job that you’ll end up paying for in the long run?
To make sure you’re choosing qualified painting contractors who will provide you with honest, accountable work and superior results, it’s important to vet each prospective company. Take a look at five of the most important questions you should be asking:
- How long have you been doing this professionally? Experience matters and knowing how long other customers have trusted a company will shed light on their experience. The more years in business, the more experience, the less of a chance that you’ll be on the receiving end of poor quality. Companies that do a bad job tend not to stick around for longer than 4-5 years!
- Are you insured? Painting a home is more dangerous than it looks! If there’s an accident or someone gets hurt, the last thing you want on top of a house painting bill is a workman’s comp settlement! Look for a company that carries insurance—eliminate all those without insurance from the running.
- Do you offer any sort of warranty? A company that backs up its work is a company that takes pride in what they do. You want to work with painting contractors in Stonington, CT who are dedicated to delivering unparalleled quality—even if that means fixing mistakes. A warranty on work done is a sign that you’re approaching a responsible, honest company.
- Are you willing to provide references? The best way to vet a company’s workmanship is to talk with previous customers and see for yourself the work that was done. If a company can produce a laundry list of satisfied customers, it’s a good bet they’ll deliver superior results to your home. If they’re struggling to get people to vouch for their work, it might be time to move away from them.
- Do you provide an estimate? No two homes are the same, which means every painting job is going to be unique. Any responsible company is going to come out, survey your home, talk with you about the scope of the work and help you understand exactly what you’re getting for a quoted cost. If you’re getting a flat rate or a contractor is eager to start work before they’ve even look at your home, consider it a red flag.
Take a look at all of the above questions. Now, if you’re in need of a professional house painter, pick up the phone and call Berk’s Fine Painting LLC. We’ll happily provide you with positive answers to all of the questions above and show you why we’re the area’s foremost leader for home painting and why, since 1999, we’ve developed a superior reputation for quality workmanship.